Communicating with Parents
At The Oaks, we try to offer as many opportunities for parents to communicate with us as possible. Some examples of this are:
- Class teachers and senior members of staff are always available in the playground at the beginning and end of the day.
- We hold Parents Evenings each term with an opportunity for parents to respond to the written report at the end of the year by way of a return slip.
- Weekly celebration assemblies followed by 'coffee and chat' sessions allow us to invite parents in regularly to share in children’s success.
- Information is shared regularly in our fortnightly newsletter and on our website.
- We have Monday morning coffee mornings / stay and play where we provide access to staff members and outside agencies specifically to support children and families.
- We have a Parent Partnership Worker who is around and about regularly to talk, communicate and respond to parental views.
- Parents are always welcome to book an appointment to see staff. We respond to these requests as quickly as possible.