The school games values are displayed in both halls in school. During each lesson different values are discussed with the children depending on what activity they are doing. During both level 1 and 2 competitions children work towards and focus on different values.
During the year we have done different things with the values;
- we have had a different value each week for one half term, when during Mrs Fry's PE lessons she has looked for children displaying and showing that weeks focus.
- we have had a whole school assembly where the children have been talked through each of the values.
- the sports crew have sat down and thought about what each value means and have created a temporary display of their ideas in the gym.
- we have had a school games day where during each activity each team was score against the school games values as well as the scores from completing the events.
- during change for life club, the children worked hard to collect all 6 school games stickers.
The 6 School Games Values
DETERMINATION: Keep going no matter what. Determination is about the journey you go on to push yourself and achieve your dreams. Have the mental strength and self-discipline to overcome obstacles, commit to your goals and keep working every day to become the very best you can be. Don’t hold back!
RESPECT: Show respect for the referee, for the opposition, for your team mates, for yourself and for the game. Accepting victory and defeat with grace, treating others politely and with understanding. Have respect every day, in every sport and for everyone.
TEAM WORK:Treating everyone equally, supporting each other and working together to have fun and achieve. Celebrate each other’s success and be a positive team player.
HONESTY: Be honest with others and with yourself. Have the courage to do the right thing and what you know is right. Let the best person win, not the best cheat.
SELF-BELIEF:You’ve got to believe to achieve. Have the self-belief and confidence to succeed and reach your personal best.
PASSION: Giving it 100 per cent. Put your heart and soul into the game and never give up. Passion makes you enter the race and passion makes you finish it.