Welcome to Year 4!
Your first week back to school has been wonderful and it is a pleasure to have so many smiling faces, who are eager and willing to learn.
The staff who are working in Year 4 this year are:
Mrs Padley - Class Teacher 4P
Mrs Symington & Mr Rose - Class Teachers 4R
Mrs Moore - Learning Support Assistant
Mrs Baggley - KS2 Lead Practitioner
- Year 4 enter through the Front Gate at 8:30 am and exit through the same gate at 3:15pm
- PE Days are Wednesday and Friday - PE kits are needed both days.
- Full water bottles need to be brought from home on a daily basis.
- Homework will be set each Friday. This will include Spellings, Maths and Handwriting.
- Reading books will be sent home each Friday and need to be returned by the following Wednesday.
- All children have online logins for TimesTable Rockstars/Numbots Times Tables Rock Stars (ttrockstars.com) in order for them to practice these key skills at home. If you are having any problems accessing this, then please do let us know. This will help them build confidence with the times tables that they are learning, as well as helping them develop their known Key Instant Recall Facts.
- The children also have a selection of KEY INSTANT RECALL FACTS that we would like them to learn this term. Please see the document below for these.
- The children in Year 4 all now have a VIP values chart. All children are trying really hard to ensure that they thinking about and applying our school values throughout the day and earning a colour stamp on their individual charts. They are doing exceptionally well at learning all of these values and thinking about how they can show them!
They are: friendship, community, teamwork, determination, honesty, ambition, learning and creativity.
If you have any queries or concerns then please contact us via the year group e-mail ParentsinY4@theoaks.bham.sch.uk
so that we can answer you as quickly as possible.
The Year 4 Team.