WELCOME TO YEAR 6 2022-2023
We are very excited to welcome children back for their final year at The Oaks Primary School. We have some exciting opportunities ahead that will help prepare children for the next phase of their learning journey.
The staff in Year 6 includes:
- Miss Khatun - Class Teacher
- Mr Smith - Class Teacher
- Mrs Ryder - Learning Support Assistant
- Mrs Baggley - KS2 Lead Practitioner
This year will include the end of Key Stage Assessments which are in May 2023. We will ensure that all children are well equipped for the tests that they will participate in and we would greatly appreciate your support with this. The following activities at home will help support their learning in school:
- Homework- this will consist of a short reading, spellings, maths, handwriting and a SPaG.com activities. These will be set on Friday and will need to be completed by the following Thursday. All activities will be uploaded onto the school website.
- 10 minutes reading every day. Children are encouraged in Year 6 to bring in their books and reading journals into school every day.
- To use Times Table Rockstars to support children in being able to recall key information fluently and confidently.
- To learn Key Instant Recall Facts for Year 6. This will also be practised in Maths lessons throughout the year.
Other key information:
- Children start their day at 08:40 and finish at 15:20. Children are collected at dismissed from the gate situated at the front of the school
- PE is on a Monday and Wednesday so please ensure children have their school PE kit in on those days.
- Water bottles are to be bought in every day- we are able to fill these up throughout the day
- Log In details for all online resources are to be sent out to parents. Please keep these in a safe place as children will be using them throughout the year.
If you have any questions, please to not hesitate to contact us via reception or you could email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you this year!